I've been looking for a design for a small boat that will fit in the back of my 4WD when I go travelling. Inside the vehicle so I don't have to drag a trailer everywhere. Stable enough so I don't get tipped in too often.

A friend pointed me towards a boat called the "Water Rat". The original design and prototype were by Doug Laver. The plans were drawn by Ross Lillistone and are available from Duckworks Boatbuilders Supply.

If you would like to contact me please click here to send me an email.

Thursday 22 January 2015

Painting Started

It is difficult to take interesting photos of something in the process of being painted. All that happems is that it changes colour, slowly. Even more slowly if you are the painter, waiting for each layer of paint to dry before sanding and moving on to the next. So this photo is simply the evidence that I have begun! What you see is a Water Rat with 2 coats of white undercoat.


Next step is to paint the inside from the gunwales down. When that is done I will try to work out a way of supporting the boat so that I can paint the rest in one go rather than painting the topsides and bottom separately.

No comments:

Post a Comment