I've been looking for a design for a small boat that will fit in the back of my 4WD when I go travelling. Inside the vehicle so I don't have to drag a trailer everywhere. Stable enough so I don't get tipped in too often.

A friend pointed me towards a boat called the "Water Rat". The original design and prototype were by Doug Laver. The plans were drawn by Ross Lillistone and are available from Duckworks Boatbuilders Supply.

If you would like to contact me please click here to send me an email.

Tuesday 13 January 2015

Gunwales

The firbreglassing is finished, the seams and overlaps are filled and the sanding is done, at least for the time being.

I've fitted some 12 mm square gunwales to stiffen up the top edge of the side plank. I will add some strips across the decks to stop water running into the down into the boat.

Here's what it looks like now.



You can see some pink patches. This is epoxy bog with some red paint tint added so that I can see where the last lot of bog was applied and where I need to sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment