I've been looking for a design for a small boat that will fit in the back of my 4WD when I go travelling. Inside the vehicle so I don't have to drag a trailer everywhere. Stable enough so I don't get tipped in too often.

A friend pointed me towards a boat called the "Water Rat". The original design and prototype were by Doug Laver. The plans were drawn by Ross Lillistone and are available from Duckworks Boatbuilders Supply.

If you would like to contact me please click here to send me an email.

Thursday 1 January 2015

Fore and Aft Decks

I've tidied up the supporting shelves for the decks and cut the ply panels to fit. I added a block under the forward deck so that a cleat can be fixed to something more substantial that the 4 mm thick ply.  It is clearly visible in the photo.

As I glue these panels in place I will give the underside of the deck a couple of coats of epoxy. When the first of these is tacky and ready for the second coat I will put another coat of epoxy on the inside of the compartment and finally, put the deck in place on a bed of thickened epoxy. This should ensure that the inside of the compartment is completely sealed.




No comments:

Post a Comment