I've been looking for a design for a small boat that will fit in the back of my 4WD when I go travelling. Inside the vehicle so I don't have to drag a trailer everywhere. Stable enough so I don't get tipped in too often.

A friend pointed me towards a boat called the "Water Rat". The original design and prototype were by Doug Laver. The plans were drawn by Ross Lillistone and are available from Duckworks Boatbuilders Supply.

If you would like to contact me please click here to send me an email.

Thursday 1 January 2015

Fillets on Inside of the Seams

After removing the cable ties the inside seams have a large epoxy fillet applied. Various size spatulas with a semi circular end are used to create the fillets. The spatulas are home made out of scrap ply. The fillets use a surprising amount of epoxy and I ran out of resin. Fortunately the last cup of resin finished the job! Here are a couple of photos showing the fillets.




No comments:

Post a Comment